Care & Cleaning
Care and Cleaning
- Protect your jewelry from scratches, sharp blows, chemicals, extreme temperatures and direct sunlight.
- Store jewelry separately to prevent it from getting scratched or tangled with other jewelry. Preferably store in an air tight bag/box.
- Place jewelry back in its container each day to keep it protected and organized
- Remove jewelry when doing household tasks such as gardening, cleaning, repairs or other strenuous activities.
- Apply make up, hair spray, lotions and perfumes before putting on your jewelry, as these substances can cause discoloration.
- Do not wear jewelry while in the pool or hot tub, or while bathing.
- Use plastic backings (stoppers) while wearing earrings to prevent loss, especially in the colder seasons with hats and scarves.
- Take off rings before washing hands. Make sure not to place rings on the sink so that you will not forget them or lose them down the drain.
- Salt water, sweat, perfumes, make up, personal products, body oil and perspiration take their toll on all kinds of jewelry, so frequent cleaning with a jewelry polishing cloth is recommended.
- Do not use chemical cleaners.
- Use a polishing cloth lightly to restore luster. Do not press hard when polishing Gold plated plated components to avoid damaging the surface/finish.